Monday, July 23, 2012

REMEMBERING HER

She whispers that she’s afraid..
I kiss her deep..long..and slow..
In the melting darkness of the theatre.

She whispers that she’s afraid..
I press her bare feet with mine..
.
She wonders about forever..about togetherness..
Her breasts press against my fingers..
I snuggle closer.. Our breaths one..
Forever it will be..

She moans..and thinks of nothing..
She is close..very close..
The wedding night distils us from nothingness..

Then…stealthily she disappeared..
And I lost her like winter dew..
And winter would not come again..

Tonight, I am afraid..
Lonely..too lonely..
I wish the veil of cigarette smoke would lift..
I wish to see her again..

Arms outstreched, peeking naughtiness -
Will she ever come back to me?

I shall wait..for the winter dew..
Breathing…long and slow..
Darling, don’t be too late..
For soon, my breath may last no more..
My breath may last no more..

2 comments: